Monday, July 13, 2015

Management Disclosures


Within two business days of receiving a request, park managers must provide buyers with an “Information for Prospective Homeowners” form. The Residency Law requires that the form include certain specific statements. One of the statements explains the dual role of home owner and park tenant. The form lists the beginning monthly rent, fees and charges. Managers must provide good faith estimates of each fee or charge. This form explains that buyers must execute a lease or rental agreement to complete the sale. It discloses that buyers who sign long-term leases forgo the benefits of space rent control ordinances. Another statement explains how the credit check fee should be credited to the first month’s space rent or refunded. The form encourages buyers to request managers to provide copies of the rental agreement, the park’s rules and the Residency Law. Park managers and potential buyers sign the document.

The Residency Law requires that managers provide a written disclosure form listing park facilities. The form describes the condition of park facilities. The Residency law requires park managers to inform buyers in writing whether residents must pay school facilities fees.


Civil Code Sections 798.74.5, 798.75.5 & 798.82.
Copyright - Carl Eric Leivo, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Does a mobile home park manager have to disclose a problem with the lot, not visable, to the prospective buyer of a mobile home and lessee of the space? I am in a situation where I was not told by the manager that the creek bank stacked stone protection had been removed and subsequently a year or so after my purchase a good portion of the yard and my fence went into the creek. I do not have the money for a litigation. Any ideas? Is what they did against the law? Also, now the park has given me a violation of lease notice because they want my gutter system rerouted from the creek to another area of the land. This is much more complicated than this but it gives you an idea. I have hired an attorney but it is costing so much I do not know how long I will be able to retain her. If you could direct me to any protection clause in any government regulation regarding mobile home parks, I would appreciate the help

    ReplyDelete